Your favorite Halloween house will reopen beginning Friday, Oct. 3, 2014. In celebration of our 10th anniversary, we've moved the display to the back yard to accommodate more props and thrills! Make your plans to visit our improved Gallery of the Dead--if you dare!
For the complete schedule of dates and times we're open, click here.
Saturday, September 6, 2014
Tuesday, November 5, 2013
Check out their written review, along with a walk-through video, review commentary video, and several fresh photos taken, by visiting http://horrortourers.weebly.com/spirits-on-sproat-2013.html.
Hope to see the Horror Tourers--along with all our other fans and followers--next October!
Thursday, October 31, 2013
Thanks to all for another wonderful Halloween season. 2013 proved to be our best year yet in terms of props, lights, scares and visitors. We're already making our plans for an even bigger and better Spirits on Sproat in 2014. Check back to WeLoveHalloween.blogspot.com starting next September for the latest updates. Happy Halloween!
Look closely--that eerie image in the shadows could just be an illusion; or it could be the Invisible Man, one of our more recent enlistees in the Gallery of the Dead. He's a fascinating subject. Consider these facts:
Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Keep your test tubes and syringes far away from the Mad Scientist--he's likely to use them on his poor victim, the subject of horrible and insane experiments. Among the latest in our 2013 series of new monsters, this duo personifies weird science run amok. Here's what we know about this gruesome twosome:
- Nickname: Beaker breath
- Greatest inventions: The Clapper, Mr. Microphone, Snugglie (the wearable blanket with built-in fabric softener)
- Most recent job: Sarah Palin’s campaign manager
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Years ago, the Blue Phantom played the keyboard for Spirits on Sproat visitors and climbed the tree above our display to scare the unsuspecting. Now, he's retired from active haunting, but he's earned a permanent spot in our horror hall of fame. Here are more details on the Blue Phantom:
- Known for: Climbing trees, tickling the ivories, chasing after cars
- Nicknames: Papa Smurf, Blue Man Ghoul, Spock ears
- Secret shame: Hasn’t grown an inch since 7th grade
- Voted in high school: Most likely to wear platform shoes
Monday, October 28, 2013
Our newest member of the Gallery of the Dead could quite possibly be the largest and hungriest. He normally prowls the ocean waters, but somehow he's learned to swim through grass. Come gaze upon the awesome spectre that is...Jaws! But be sure you don't spill a drop of blood anywhere near our display; sharks can smell that stuff a mile away. Betcha' didn't know these facts about our famous great white:
- Secret shame: Received electro shark therapy treatment
- Favorite pigout food: Quarter flounder with cheese
- Little known fact: He’s so old in the tooth that he now wears dentures
- Sick of hearing his wife say: Chew with your mouth closed
The official 2013 video for our Spirits on Sproat display is now up and running on YouTube. Click below, if you dare!
Sunday, October 27, 2013
Some people vow to rock and roll until it kills them. And that's exactly what happened to Iggy Vicious, quite possibly the boniest buddy among our Gallery of the Dead. Here are some little known facts on this macabre musician:
- Known for: Playing music so loud and shrill that it can make the skin melt right off your bones
- Favorite band: The Grateful Dead
- Little-known fact: His dog once pulled off his leg and buried it in the backyard
- Famous for: Recently warning Keith Richards to stop copying his image
Saturday, October 26, 2013
They say behind every good man is a good woman. But what if that man isn't so good? Then his mate must surely be evil incarnate, as is the case with the Bride of Dracula. She's a fetching lass in her black coffin. Come see her in all her glory at Spirits on Sproat, but bring a wooden stake just in case. Here's the 411 on the missus...
- Sick of hearing her husband say: Not tonight, dear, I’ve got a toothache
- Secret wish: To be the celebrity pitchman for 1-800-FLOWERS.com
- Idolizes: Cher (circa 1987), Snooky, Michelle Bachman
- Little known fact: Won a staring contest with Medusa
Thursday, October 24, 2013
You've got a date...with the devil. And he's on our front lawn! Come catch a glimpse of Mr. fire and brimstone himself, one of our newest residents of the Gallery of the Dead. Here's what we know about him:
- Aliases: Beelzebub, Old Scratch, Mephistopheles, Rush Limbaugh
- Amazing fact: He stays in great shape but doesn’t exorcise
- Greatest trick ever pulled: Convincing the world that the Kardashians deserve to exist
Wednesday, October 23, 2013
If you haven't yet met the Crypt Keeper (host of TV's "Tales from the Crypt"), then it's time you made a fresh visit to Spirits on Sproat! Here's what you'll learn about this ugly little urchin:
- Known for: Laughing at bad puns and stale morbid humor
- Secret shame: Sits on 3 yellow page phone books to make himself look taller
- Little-known fact: He’s living proof that reading comic books will rot your brain